Friday, July 4, 2008

America




I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln

How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy. ~Paul Sweeney

"Our country, right or wrong." When right to be kept right; when wrong to be put right. ~Carl Schurz

I believe in America because we have great dreams - and because we have the opportunity to make those dreams come true. ~Wendell L. Wilkie

Oh, it's home again and home again, America for me!
I want a ship that's westward bound to plough the rolling sea
To the blessed land of Room Enough beyond the ocean bars,
Where the air is full of sunlight and the flag is full of stars.
~Henry Van Dyke


Happy 4th of July!









1 comment:

Chris said...

I think the second one by Paul Sweeney is my favorite. It is very true and strikes in a time when people are suffering and aren't looking at the blessings they have.