Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The family Garden, Full of Love and Non-acid Tomatoes

We were able to get all of our planting done. Dig D and the kids put in the vegetable garden and the herb garden. We planted tomatoes, peppers, and onions. We also planted cherry tomatoes, my favorite. There is nothing like a warm tomato from the garden. Put it on some toast with mayonnaise and I am in heaven. Big D said he basically planted everything we would need to make spaghetti sauce. We are big spaghetti eaters, and you have not tasted goodness until you have tried Big D’s sauce.

Big D let the kids pick out a vegetable to plant. He is the type that lets the kids make a decision and he just goes with it. I think it is a very good way to be. It lets the kids make their own decisions and be proud of what that decision was. I on the other hand have a bit of a control problem. I will let the kids make their decision, try not to interferer, but it is very hard for me not to make tiny suggestions.

Under my husband’s supervision, the kids picked out non-acid tomatoes to plant. I can’t imagine what these will taste like. Big D does not have the control complex like I do, so this choice was fine. The kids were happy that they were able to choose their own vegetable without someone (me) suggesting a better alternative. I just don’t know what I am going to do with baskets full of non-acid tomatoes? Any suggestions?




Bug planting onions


Lil D looking for worms


Miss and her tomatoes


The herb garden looks a bit like a graveyard right now.
It will soon be full of yummy herbs.


Poor St. Francis needs a good painting.

No comments: