Thursday, May 22, 2008

F is for Flowers

Yesterday Bug and I started planting flowers in the front yard. I am not a very good gardener, I really don’t know what to plant and where. I basically buy plants that I like, plant them and then cross my fingers and hope they grow.


I bought some daylilies, Hostas, and a pretty pink flower called a volcano. I have no idea how these volcanoes grow. They are beautiful and smell so good, so I bought them. Bug was happy to help. We got outside, I had started shoveling the dirt when Bug needed me to go in and get her jacket. I came back with her jacket, and started planting. Bug then announced she had to go potty. Fine, I take her inside to go potty. We get back out and we are ready to go.


Bug then says it would be a good idea for me to go get her shovel. By her shovel she means a little red plastic snow shovel. All I pictured was me planting on one side and her digging up the flowers on the other. I suggested she just use her hands to dig in the dirt. She was happy with that suggestion.


I found a chair in someone’s garbage. I don’t consider that garbage picking. I refer to it as recycling. I took the seat out and painted the chair. And there you have a planter. I may not be that great of a gardener, but I love it like someone who knows what she is doing. The hard work of planting, the care, and then you get to watch and see all of your work grow into the beautiful creations that they are. I hope so anyway.


Nothing says springtime like a freshly planted flowerbed. Besides a coffee mug on my window sill filled with Dandelions picked just for me, thank you Bug..


Recycled Chair

Volcanoes


Little feet



Flowerbed


Flowers for mom


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Nice little set up you have Kell. Hope you guys are all doing well. Good luck on the homeschool. I'm sure it will be tough at times but probably not as stressful as paying for school these days. That will be a great thing for the kids.