Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Minivan



Minivans get a bad rap for being uncool. I felt the pang of the uncoolness when I came to the conclusion that no other car would suit our family than the minivan.

I got over it and told myself to grow up. It is not the car that makes the person. I told myself that I was still cool.

If you read my post about being broke down on the side of the road, you know we were having van troubles. If you did not read it you can go here.

We took our van not once but three times to the mechanic and still it was not fixed, we realized we had to purchase a new minivan.

Dig D went to a dealer that goes to our church and I am so grateful that we were able to purchase a new van. This one even has more room than our old one.

It seems that our Priest also went through this dealer to purchase a new car for the Sisters of our Parish. The car the Sisters received is more of a truck (I don’t know what it is called) it seats seven, it is silver, and it looks really cool.

I was talking to our Priest about the new truck for the Sisters and how much I liked it. Our Priest then told me that he had a decision between the cool truck and the minivan we purchased, he chose the truck.

I believe that all the coolness I thought I had flew out the window of a mini van.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Cute story. It made me smile. Hope you have a good weekend.