Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thrusday Thirteen



13 things I must do to get four kids and two adults ready for a three-day camping trip.

1. Wash clothes

2. Wash sleeping bags that have been crumpled up down stairs.

3. Buy new air mattresses, both of our old ones have been permanently deflated.

4. Answer at least 10 times a day for the past week the question, "When are we going camping?"

5. Pack my children's whole wardrobe; because where we live it could be 90 degrees one day and 40 degrees the next.

6. Buy new sunscreen. I was just told that sunscreen has an expiration date. I am a little slow. Also update my first aid bag. Medicine has an expiration date as well. I knew that one.

7. Buy new chairs. I left one at the park and I think Miss and Lil D have out grown the baby chairs and need adult chairs now.

8. Charge the inflation device for the air mattresses. I like camping, but I am a little old to be sleeping on the floor.

9. Answer the question, "When are we going camping?" 15 times a day now that it is getting closer to the day we are leaving.

10.Buy food, snacks, juice, pop, marshmallows...

11. Get my wonderful sister-in-law to come buy and make sure our pets are still alive.

12. Somehow pack the kids, clothes, bedding, mattresses, husband, toys, food, chairs, and myself into a mini van.

13. After the stress is over, relax and have fun spending time with my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Fun list, happy TT

Unknown said...

Stressful list but I have been there frequently. Have 3 guys heading off for a Boy Scout campout this weekend, and trying to get them all to gather their laundry together.
Hope you have a good time.

Happy TT!
My 35th Edition
Fav Children's Authors
Always @ The Cafe.