Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hope

I can’t say I am thrilled at the outcome of our presidential election. I don’t really know how to feel about it. Obama is someone who does not represent my family or myself, but he is now our President.

I can be angry and disappointed, even a little scared. What would that accomplish?
Those of us who opposed Obama’s view on life are stuck in a place where we have no power to control what happens to the human beings who don’t seem to matter. Or do we?

We still have our hearts, our minds, and our spirits. We can use all these things to continue to pray, to come together, to speak out about the atrocities that go on in our country.

I think the most important thing we can do is educate our children about life issues. After all they will be our future politicians, and voters.

I read a post today titled How Would You Know? It is from a blog called Conversion Diary.

This post puts everything into perspective.

We can’t give up hope that some day all humans will be treated with dignity. We may never see it but if we help our children understand, their generation may make the difference.

Obama’s campaign was all about hope and I do have hope, I hope his heart will soften toward human beings, I hope my children will fight for human life, and I hope this country will open their eyes to the reality of what we are doing to those who need the most hope.

4 comments:

Lerin said...

Hi! I follow her blog too, and wow was I blown away by that post. It has been echoing in my mind for days now!

Marie said...

I believe in taking a man at his word. President Obama will re-instate post partial abortions, babies who survive abortions will die and children will have abortions without parental consent. Everyone disregarded Mein Kampf, everyone except Pope Pius XXII who couldn't believe that Germany would elect a 'mad man.'

I place my hope and faith in God & the Catholic Church, rarely in man.

I have just written a piece on Sarah Palin because I believe what is happening to her is despicable!

But it is my last political post, to everyone's relief I should think lol;)

Peace to you Kelly:)

Marie xoxoxooxo

Christine said...

I love to read her blog...Conversion Diary that is. I almost want to link her everyday.

I am sad also about the election. Sign of the times?

TexasMomof3 said...

I share your hope...