Friday, February 11, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In My Life This Week...

This week has been a blur. I was not able to find the time to workout and that upset my mood. It has just been one of those weeks where I jump up and down because it's Friday! I'm feeling much better. Next week is going to go much better.

In Our Homeschool This Week...

I was the worst homeschooling mom this week. We didn't get much done. See above for reasons why. It seemed all motivation flew out the window. I am determined to leave this bad week behind and move on with a positive attitude.

Places We Are Going And People We Are Seeing...

This weekend is going to be busy. My best friend turns 36 today and tonight we are going out to celebrate her birthday. My son turned ten this week, double digits! And we are inviting family and friends over on Saturday to celebrate his birthday. I have a lot of celebrating to do!

My Favorite Thing This Week...

I would say my favorite thing this week is when I was really not feeling that great, I snuggled under the covers and fell asleep. My wonderful children behaved and let me take a little nap. Yes, a nap!!

What's Working/Not Working For Us...

I am ready to ditch our current curriculum. I'm sticking with it because the kids don't really seem to mind it. As I research what others are doing and what's out there I know we could be doing something so much more interesting. I'm debating on what I should do.

Homeschool Questions Thoughts I Have...

I though I was set on the curriculum I wanted to move on to, then a friend recommended Heart of Dakota. I had never heard of that curriculum before. I checked it out and it seems good. Has anyone tried this curriculum before? What do you think of it?

A Photo, Link, or Quote to Share...

Because I was having a rough week I was doing some extra praying. I read this blog, I Have to Sit Down. The post is called, What I Say to Mary:A Mother's Prayer. I thought it was so cute and funny. The post brought my spirits up.

May God bless you, your families, and your homeschool!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am fighting the same urge with our curriculum. I'm so sick of the day in/day out workbooks!!!! Hope you're feeling better. Have fun with the birthday parties!

Wendy R said...

I don't know your children's ages; have you checked out Five in a Row? http://fiarhq.com/fiveinarow.info/index.html

Just a thought. We love Five in a Row/Beyond Five in a Row.

Rebecca said...

Joining you from Sue's Homeschool journal and following you, now. Curriculum...love/hate relationship, right? There are days I LOVE ours and others I well, wonder. Head out to a homeschool conference if you can. You'll find plenty too look at. I have heard of Heart of Dakota...I have not used it, though. We have one main curriculum, but there are a few things I have had to swap into and out of it! Many Blessings and hope your friend's birthday celebration was a ton of fun!

Holly said...

How you described your week sounds a bit similar to how I'm feeling. I'm thankful to read that I'm not the only one that feels like a bad homeschool mom at times. A friend of mine who is a ps teacher told me (she also homeschools) that even on our worst days, we're getting more done than she can get done in her classroom on a good day.
What curriculum are you using now?
Thanks for the link-I'm going to check it out now. Holly