Monday, May 25, 2009

Double Trouble...Do I Need a Double Stroller?

I am a stroller fanatic. I love to buy strollers, used of course. I had a double stroller with my first two children and I used it all the time, now I am kind of over the double stroller thing.

I have a sit and stand that I want to sell because I can't push the darn thing and I almost cut my leg off trying to fold it up and get it into my van!

One of my recent favorite finds was a Peg Perego single stroller that I found at my local thrift store for $9.00! It is in excellent condition and it can be a front facing stroller or a carriage type that we all know is just the cutest. I love this stroller and really don't want to give it up for a big heavy double.

When the baby is born Oney will almost be three years old. I could put Oney in the single stroller and get a Moby Wrap for the baby. We will only be going for neighborhood walks anyway.

What do you think, do I need a double stroller?

2 comments:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

I actually hated our double stroller! It was HEAVY, hard to turn, hard to fold up, big, HEAVY...

We still have it in the garage somewhere, but now I have umbrella strollers for the non-infants and my bigger kids can push the littles, too.

Jamie Jo said...

I say no. Once they are big enough, they can walk themselves. The only time those doubles are great is on those long all day things, like the zoo or something like that, where you can put things inside the stroller and when they get tired, they can sit, otherwise, they are a big pain, hard to move and heavy to lift, it is a great workout though, if you are pushing a 3 year old and a baby for exercise!! It's like pushing 70 lbs, right?